You may, or may not realize, but manufacturing is one of the three industries in the greater Buffalo area with the most job opportunity.
You probably didn’t know that WNY college/universities graduate:
- 4000 more teachers per year than there are jobs
- 3000 more business management professionals than there are jobs
- WNY and other blue collar towns need to do a better job preparing their community members for the jobs available and creating career ladders within companies to prepare for the influx of retirements coming due to an aging workforce
Working in the manufacturing world means it’s important to be in the know about changing regulations, technology updates, enhancements and overall industry trends. That responsibility can be daunting. Thankfully, there are resources that make it easier to stay in the loop.
One such resource is the blogosphere.
By following relevant manufacturing blogs, you are an asset to your company and a resident expert on an evolving and rapidly growing industry. With that, make sure these six manufacturing blogs are on your radar.
- Shopfloor is the blog of theNational Association of Manufacturers (NAM). It has been a recognized resource for manufacturing advocacy on issues such as energy and labor policy, legal reform, trade and regulation.
- Manufacturing Innovation Blog, the blog of the Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), discusses key issues for U.S. manufacturers such as how robotics shape the workforce. It serves as a resource for manufacturers, industry experts and the public to discuss key manufacturing topics.
- The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is a non-profit, non-partisan partnership formed in 2007 by some of America’s leading manufacturers and the United Steelworkers. Its mission is to strengthen American manufacturing and create new private-sector jobs through smart public policies. Recent posts cover topics ranging from the cybersecurity risks in supply chains to the importance of workforce training in manufacturing.
- Manufacturing.net bills itself as “the leading source for manufacturing and product development news.” With writers who are experts in a variety of aspects of the manufacturing industry, this blog updates multiple times per week including news, magazine articles, association links, tradeshow information and web communities.
- With an overarching focus on industry news, Manufacturing Business Technology has comprehensive content that makes it one of the best manufacturing blogs you’ll find.
- Manufacturing Transformation is a comprehensive and expertly-crafted resource for industry insiders focusing on the effects of globalization in the manufacturing trade. Feel like you have industry savvy to share? This site invites outside contributions.
Of course, this list doesn’t cover all of the great manufacturing content and resources out there, but it does provide a baseline for helping marketers and PR practitioners stay up-to-date with new methods and anticipate emerging ones. Keep current to help your company stay abreast of the competition, or even ahead of them. You’ll be able to modify your plans as you see changes happening or stay the course, depending on the newest information being disseminated.
And there you have it, folks. Now get to following
CollegeCPR helps prepare students to make informed career decisions and set themselves up for success.
Sign-up to receive updates and special offers on upcoming courses and workshops.
What career training do you need?